Kathy Caprino guides women to take the reins in their careers by identifying and overcoming the 7 most damaging power gaps holding them back and accessing new levels of internal and external power to propel you forward to the success you want and deserve.
The business world has been forever changed by the important progress and contributions that women have made. Yet, with only 38% of manager roles and 22% of C-suite positions being held by women, women continue to struggle to achieve the reward, respect, and authority they have earned.
In these pages, career, executive, and leadership coach Kathy Caprino helps women identify the 7 most damaging power gaps that are holding them back from the success they want and deserve, outlining the key steps you can take today to access greater positive power, become the true author of your life, and reach your highest and most rewarding goals.
Kathy has dedicated her work to the advancement of women in business. In her research, she has found that 98% of professional women are experiencing at least one of these seven damaging power gaps, and over 75% are facing 3 or more:
- Power Gap 1: Not recognizing your special talents, abilities, and accomplishments
- Power Gap 2: Communicating from fear, not strength
- Power Gap 3: Reluctance to ask for what you deserve
- Power Gap 4: Isolating from influential support
- Power Gap 5: Acquiescing instead of saying “Stop!” to mistreatment
- Power Gap 6: Losing sight of your thrilling dream for your life
- Power Gap 7: Allowing past trauma and challenges to define you
Through riveting real-life success stories of women overcoming these gaps, and proven strategies and solutions from more than 30 of the nation’s top experts in fields that are essential to women’s success, the exercises in this book will equip you with the strength to:
- See yourself more powerfully (Brave Sight)
- Speak more confidently (Brave Speak)
- Ask for and receive what you deserve (Brave Ask)
- Connect to your advantage with influential support (Brave Connection)
- Challenge and change negative behavior toward you (Brave Challenge)
- Be of service in more meaningful ways (Brave Service)
- Heal from past trauma and challenge (Brave Healing)
Most importantly, The Most Powerful You will reconnect you to the thrilling dreams you once had for your life and empower you to take the necessary steps to reclaim that dream while making your positive impact in the world.