People have been sharing their life stories with psychologist Allison Keating for the past eighteen years, and the words she hears most often are ‘I feel overwhelmed,’ followed by ‘I thought I’d have it figured out by now.’
Adulthood is tough. As we try to divide ourselves between our partner, children, parents, siblings, friends and colleagues, it is no wonder we can feel overwhelmed, often neglecting the most important relationship of all – the one we have with ourselves.
The Secret Lives of Adults invites you to audit and improve your seven key relationships, looking at how the experiences of your past impact on who you are today.
- Who are you in your relationships?
- Are they supportive, nourishing and empowering – or draining and filled with anxiety?
- Is there a big gap between your public and private self?
- What are your expectations of others and of yourself?
- Do you understand why you react to certain comments from family or friends?
- Do you repeat patterns of behaviour in your relationships?
The Secret Lives of Adults has exercises and techniques to help you get to know yourself better and understand why you behave as you do in each part of your life, allowing you to unlock the secret to less stressful and more meaningful relationships.