Over It is a high-octane dose of encouragement, storytelling, and hard-won advice from Lolo Jones, three-time Olympian and world champion hurdler and bobsledder.
Lolo is perhaps better known today not for all the races she’s won but for the millisecond mistake that cost her an Olympic gold medal over a decade ago. With stunning authenticity about her own struggles, longings, and losses, she shows us how to face our challenges head-on and keep working to overcome them.
Lolo challenges us to:
- handle failure while pursuing our dreams;
- recognize the difference between achieving a goal and experiencing success;
- turn our most painful moments into the most successful;
- use thankfulness and faith to develop healthy hindsight; and
- give and receive forgiveness as the path back to life.
Growing up in a broken home, Lolo learned to shoplift at a young age just to eat at night and sometimes slept on the basement floor of the Salvation Army. While her father was in prison, her mother worked multiple jobs, and Lolo realized she needed to be self-motivated, singularly focused, and unwilling to quit if she wanted to succeed.
Reflecting on her own challenging spiritual journey, Lolo invites us to rest in God who can make all the difference in overcoming obstacles with both strength and joy.